03 November 2009

iMovie Frustration!!!

So, my multimedia project is due.  Silly me, I thought it would be easy to upload my movie to Teachertube when I got to work this morning.  I even came in an hour early to get it done.  My computer has other ideas.  It's still trying to convert the file.  A 5-minute movie should only take a few minutes to convert so it can be uploaded.  That is usually the case.  But not today.  I am missing class because it is still working on it.  I closed all the programs that I don't need right now (although, yes, this blog is in an extra open tab, but I'm going stir crazy!) and it still is taking FOREVER!  ...oh wait, wait! -- it's finally done!  
ACKK!  Now it's saying the file is too large!  I want to wring its little neck!  But my movie doesn't have a neck.  More to come...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute! While in iMovie, the project is listed as being less than half the size it says it is when uploaded to the desktop - and thus plenty small enough for Teachertube's limits. What is the deal?!?! I will try *again*...

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, so sorry to hear about all the trouble. What a pain! You might try uploading to YouTube straight from iMovie---TeacherTube has proven before to act quirky. I don't think it's completely got the bugs worked out like Youtube has.

    You might also try it from another computer on a good Internet connection. The video should only take about 10 minutes to upload at the most. A couple other students have had trouble, and it seems to resolve when tried on a different computer. Video seems to bog down older machines.

    Sorry again to hear your frustration, I hope you get it worked out.

    ReplyDelete